Foley Griffin is proud and excited to announce that we are once again teaming up with the good people at the Joseph Law Group P.C. to host the seventh annual Massapequa Turkey Trot. We have been hosting this event since 2010 in honor and to the benefit of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). All proceeds from the race will go to the LLS to help fund research into finding cures for these dangerous diseases.
Important event information:
Race Packet Pick-Up:
- Date: November 23rd, 2016
- Time: 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
- Where: John J Burns Park — 4990 Merrick Road, Massapequa Park, NY 11762 (near the boat ramp to the south)
Race Day Schedule:
- Date: November 24th, 2016 – Thanksgiving Day!
- Time: 8:30 AM for Fun Run; 9:15 AM for 5K; limited award ceremony afterwards
- Where: John J Burns Park (both runs start and end at the park)
- Final registration: 7:30 AM to 8:30 AM race day – no applications accepted afterwards
- $28 for early registration for 5K
- $35 for day-of-race registration for 5K
- $10 for Fun Run
- We are sorry to announce that due to event popularity, we have run out of promotional t-shirts.
Why the Run is Important to Us
James Joseph is a close friend and trusted fellow attorney to our team here at Foley Griffin. When he was diagnosed with blood cancer several years ago, we were initially devastated, but his own strength and tenacity kept our chins up. When he defeated cancer thanks to the tremendous work of his doctors, we decided we wanted to do something to celebrate his good health and raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
In 2010, our first Massapequa Turkey Trot took place and we were so excited to see upwards of 500 people come participate. By 2015, we were astounded to see that more than 1,800 people were in attendance. We would love to beat that number this year, but we need your help to do it. This community event wouldn’t succeed without kindhearted people like yourself, as well as the timing company, organizers, volunteers, and sponsors that all help make it possible.If you would like to come give thanks by attending the 2016 Massapequa Turkey Trot, you can visit the website by clicking here for more information. There is also information available through a Facebook page ( click here). For legal help, or if you would like to know more about our team of Nassau County lawyers who thought up the event, feel free to contact us today.