Charged with Mail Fraud in New York?
Nassau and Suffolk County Criminal Defense Lawyers
If a person uses the United States Postal Service (USPS) in order to unlawfully steal or obtain currency or other items, he or she is committing mail fraud. This white collar crime can be punished at the federal level, since the USPS is responsible for delivering all mail within the nation, and it is associated with serious penalties.
If you have been charged with mail fraud in New York, Foley Griffin is committed to pursuing the outcome and justice you desire. We have successfully defended countless individuals against all types of mail fraud charges and possess the extensive knowledge of federal and state laws.
Examples of mail fraud charges we handle are the following:
- The misrepresentation or failure to deliver mail-order products
- Demanding payment for items that were not ordered
- Tampering with mail
- Employment fraud
- Financial fraud
- Fraud against older citizens
- Lottery and sweepstakes fraud
- Telemarketing fraud
Mail Fraud Law & Penalties
Mail fraud is using the service of mail to defraud another individual, business, financial institution, or government agency of money or property. Each element of the offense must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt by the prosecution.
The secure a conviction for mail fraud, the U.S. Attorney needs to prove:
- The postal service or mail communications were used
- A purpose to scheme or artifice to defraud
- Involvement of false pretensions, false promises, material misstatement, or other misrepresentations
- An intent to deprive another party of property/assets or of honest services
Mail fraud is punishable by a maximum prison sentence of 20 years and a fine of up to $250,000. Furthermore, an organization convicted of mail fraud can face up to $500,000 in fines.
Call (888) 966-8480 for Experienced & Reputable Legal Services Today
With more than 75 years of combined legal experience, our legal team understands what it takes to either get your case dismissed altogether or your charges reduced substantially. We can investigate your case, examine all evidence, and build an effective defense strategy to protect your rights and freedom.
Serving Clients Throughout Long Island and All Five Boroughs. Call (888) 966-8480 Today!
We have a proven track record to back up our claims of success. Because we take every case extremely seriously, we prepare each one as if it's going to trial. We also employ whatever resources are necessary to produce the best possible outcomes for our clients. It's one thing to say you can achieve great results, but another thing to show that you have delivered them time and time again over many years.
- Case Won Nassau DWI “Wall Of Shame” Case — B V. Suozzi
- Change in Policy Nassau County Grand Jury Case — People V.W
- Dismissal NYC Vehicular Manslaughter Case
- No Jail Sentence New York Mail And Wire Fraud Case — US V. N
- Dismissal New York Felony Case
- Dismissal NY Mortgage And Bank Fraud Case — US V. F
- Not Guilty New York City DWI Case — People V. B
75 Years of Shared Legal Experience
When it comes to serious legal matters, there is no substitute for experience and a successful track record.
Millions Recovered For Our Clients
At Foley Griffin, we don't just advertise results, we've built a career on delivering them for our clients.
Highly Effective Trial Lawyers
As former prosecutors our lawyers understand the other side of the law and know how to win in the courtroom.
Tailored Approach to Each Case
We're dedicated to our clients! Sometimes this means we take on less cases so that we can commit the necessary time and energy to achieve success.