DMV Matters in New York
Let Our Long Island DWI Attorney Help You
Whether you have been arrested for a DWI or cited for a moving violation, you may face administrative proceedings at the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). While DMV hearings and all similar matters are not considered criminally related, having an experienced lawyer on your side can have a positive impact on the outcome of your case.
At Foley Griffin, we can take action to protect your rights and ensure that the DMV proceedings are handled in the correct manner. Our criminal defense lawyers are committed to protecting your driving privileges, so you can continue to commute to work, attend classes, and conduct day-to-day activities.
Why Might the DMV Summon You to a Hearing?
The New York DMV has the authority to suspend your driver’s license if you are convicted of certain criminal offenses. However, you are granted due process through an administrative hearing and the right to request a hearing to challenge your license suspension.
The following are common reasons you may be summed by the NY DMV:
- Failure to submit a breath test
- Reckless driving
- Driving without insurance
- Involvement in a fatal accident
- High speed
- Persistent violations
- Repair shop violations
You only have a limited time—typically 15 days—to contact the DMV and request a hearing to challenge your driver’s license suspension. If you fail to show up, then your license will be automatically revoked.
Ready to Represent You at Your Hearing
In many of these hearings, the arresting officer does not show up on that first date. If you are there and the officer is not, the DMV may adjourn your hearing and return your full driving privileges until the next hearing. Do not risk losing your ability to drive with our experienced legal assistance.
Contact us at (888) 966-8480 and request a free consultation today.
- Looking for legal advice?
- In need of a legal consultation?
- Looking for answers?
Whether you're seeking legal advice, in need of a consultation, or simply looking for answers, Foley Griffin is here to guide you through the legal complexities and provide the clarity and support you require."
"Tom Foley and his staff were excellent throughout the entire process representing me regarding my personal injury/car accident."
- Tom Foley and his staff were excellent throughout the entire process representing me regarding my personal injury/car accident. Their experience, knowledge, and professionalism helped guide me to a successful outcome. Tom Foley and his secretary, Nicole Feuer were outstanding by keeping me informed with updates, insurance information, and helped me with all the necessary paperwork needed for my case. My family and I always felt comfortable with their friendly personalities, their professional approach, with client satisfaction results! Tom Foley and his staff provide high quality and respectful service, and I would highly recommend their firm!- T.T.