Slip, Trip & Fall Accidents
Nassau County Slip, Trip & Fall Attorneys
New York Premises Liability Lawyers Since 1997
Dangerous premises lead to slips, trips, and falls—which can lead to major personal injuries. Fortunately, there are premises liability laws that protect the rights of those injured in these types of accidents. Here at Foley Griffin, we are passionate about standing up for our clients’ rights. As true litigation attorneys, we provide serious litigation for serious cases.
Quick Facts About Slip, Trip & Fall Accidents
Here are some facts you should know about slip, trip, and fall accidents:
- Fall fatalities are evenly divided between men and women
- Falls are the leading cause for hospital emergency room visits, with over eight million visits every year
- Fractures are the most dangerous results of falls
- Slip and falls are the leading cause of missed work days
- Slip and falls are the top reason for workers’ compensation claims
- Slip and falls are the top cause of occupational injury for individuals aged 55 years and older
- Half of all accidental home deaths are caused by falls
- Falls account for 87% of fractures in people over 65, and are the second highest cause for spinal injury and brain injury
- Falls are the reason for 40% of patients being admitted to nursing homes
- More than 60% of nursing home residents fall every year
How Dangerous Conditions Put You at Risk
According to data published by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), over two million injuries caused by falls every year can be directly attributed to dangerous floors and flooring materials. Dangerous property conditions can put you at risk.
Other potentially dangerous conditions that can cause slip, trip, and fall accidents include:
- Missing railings
- Broken steps
- Icy sidewalks
- Wet floors
We have a proven track record to back up our claims of success. Because we take every case extremely seriously, we prepare each one as if it's going to trial. We also employ whatever resources are necessary to produce the best possible outcomes for our clients. It's one thing to say you can achieve great results, but another thing to show that you have delivered them time and time again over many years.
- $2,400,000 Motorcycle Accident
- $475,000 Sidewalk Premise Negligence
- $325,000 Work Van And Stolen Car Crash, Uninsured Motorist Case
- $500,000 Stolen Car Accident
- $1,950,000 Speeding Broadside Car Accident Case In NYC
- $1,055,000 Student Car Accident In New York
- $225,000 Car Race Injury Case In Suffolk County
75 Years of Shared Legal Experience
When it comes to serious legal matters, there is no substitute for experience and a successful track record.
Millions Recovered For Our Clients
At Foley Griffin, we don't just advertise results, we've built a career on delivering them for our clients.
Highly Effective Trial Lawyers
As former prosecutors our lawyers understand the other side of the law and know how to win in the courtroom.
Tailored Approach to Each Case
We're dedicated to our clients! Sometimes this means we take on less cases so that we can commit the necessary time and energy to achieve success.