Nassau County Personal Injury Attorneys
Call (888) 966-8480 for Your Free Confidential Consultation
If you or a loved one has been in a vehicle accident, slip and fall, on-the-job accident, or animal attack, our Nassau County personal injury attorneys at Foley Griffin can help you move forward. You shouldn’t have to pay more than you already have for somebody else’s carelessness, and we are committed to help you recover the damages you are owed for pain and suffering, medical expenses, income losses, and more. We purposefully limit the number of our cases to ensure that we can pour all our attention and resources into getting you the results you need.
Why Contact Our Personal Injury Attorneys?
- Trial-Tested Lawyers with Decades of Experience
- Millions of Dollars in Verdicts & Settlements
- Qualified Attorney Works Directly with Start to Finish
- Free Initial Consultation to Review Options
- We Only Earn a Legal Fee If You Receive a Financial Recovery
In your bid for justice, your financial recovery and your legal rights are on the line. Your case will be overseen by an experienced attorney at every step, and we will proactively communicate with you how your case is going and what you can expect. Please don’t hesitate to see how our dedicated team can assert your rights and secure the justice and financial compensation you deserve.
Our lines are always open. Call (888) 966-8480 or use our online form to request your free confidential consultation.
Powerful Representation for All Injury Claims
At Foley Griffin, our experienced lawyers have the skills and resources to handle a wide range of injury claims, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bus accidents
- Premises liability
- Workers' compensation
- Wrongful death
Negligence Laws in New York
Like most other states, personal injury cases in New York are based on the concept of negligence. Understanding New York's negligence laws can help you understand who is liable for your injuries, who shares part of the blame, and what amount of compensation you may be able to recover. Our attorneys are intimately familiar with these laws and can use this knowledge to help you pursue every penny you deserve.
The following general negligence laws may apply to your case:
- The definition of negligence: New York's definition of negligence is broad. In simple terms, negligence occurs whenever someone fails to act in a reasonable manner under the circumstances, resulting in harm to another person.
- Pure comparative negligence: Under New York's pure comparative negligence laws, a plaintiff's eligible compensation may be reduced based on their proportion of fault for the accident that caused their injuries. For example, if you are injured and suffer $10,000 worth of damages but are found to be 20% at fault, you will only be able to recover a maximum of $8,000 (or $10,000 less 20%). As long as you are not 100% responsible for the accident, you are still eligible to recover damages.
- Assumption of risk: New York does not bar a person from recovering compensation if he or she made an assumption of risk prior to the accident. In other words, if you were injured during surgery, while skydiving, or during some other activity that carried some level of assumed risk, you will not be automatically prevented from seeking compensation.
New York Personal Injury Statute of Limitations
Like any other type of legal action, there is a certain time period that you have to file a lawsuit in civil court before your ability to sue expires. This is known as a "statute of limitations." In New York, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is three years from the date of the injury, with limited exceptions. This window may sometimes be extended if the injury was not immediately discovered, or if the injured party was a minor.
If you file a lawsuit after this deadline passes, your case will almost certainly be dismissed and you will be unable to seek compensation for your injuries. For this reason, it is imperative to contact a trusted personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after an injury to be in compliance with all applicable deadlines.
Don’t Face Insurance Alone. Get the Full Compensation You’re Owed.
When your financial recovery is dependent on you getting past an insurance company’s defensive line of adjusters and attorneys, you need to have an experienced attorney on your side who can ensure that your voice is heard and your needs met.
Our Nassau County accident law firm may be able to help you recover compensation for:
- Economic Damages – Medical bills, therapy costs, wage and income loss, loss of earning capacity, property (e.g. vehicle) damage
- Non-economic Damages – Physical pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment of life, loss of companionship (wrongful death)
If you hire us, you can be confident that you are benefiting from our undivided focus, full resources, and collective experience and insight. We only take on a limited number of personal injury cases at a time to ensure that each client receives the personalized attention and proven representation for which we are known. If we take your case, it means we really believe in it and are ready to go the distance to secure the results you need and deserve.
Hear from Clients We've Helped
Get answers and get justice! Call (888) 966-8480 today to learn how our Nassau County personal injury attorneys may be able to help you.
“Their experience, knowledge, and professionalism helped guide me to a successful outcome”- T.T.
“They were very effective in getting me the money I deserved for my injuries from my car accident.”- C.P.
“The degree of which the entire team cares for their clients is impeccable”- J.U.