Nassau Embezzlement Defense Attorneys
Learn More & Get Help with Complex Charges
Taking property from someone else with the intent of depriving them of that property constitutes a theft crime, however there are many ways in which this can be done. In some cases, those who have been entrusted with access to property may use that access to steal it. When theft occurs by someone held in a position of trust with access to that property, you have the unique white collar crime of embezzlement.
Embezzlement cases can be complex, which means it is strongly advised you seek a Nassau County criminal defense lawyer who can help you navigate your case. The experienced team at Foley Griffin can provide you with hard-hitting and aggressive defense that places your best interests at the forefront of all our decisions. For over 25 years, we have stood by the side of clients who have faced a wide range of criminal charges, including theft and white collar crimes. Our practice has seen us obtain numerous accolades and many positive case results for our clients.
Get in touch with an attorney and discuss your case in further detail; call Foley Griffin today at (888) 966-8480 for a free, confidential consultation.
Penalties for Embezzlement Convictions in New York
Like other theft crimes, embezzlement charges are primarily levied based on the value of the property stolen in each instance. The nature of the victim and the type of property stolen could also affect the exact charges.
Potential penalties for being found guilty of embezzlement in New York can include:
- Large fines; maximums ranging anywhere from $1,000 to $30,000, or up to double the value of the property embezzled
- Prison sentences; maximum jail sentences ranging between one and 25 years
- Possible victim restitution
Because of the serious nature of white collar crimes, prosecutors frequently try to seek maximum possible penalties. This means that you should not hesitate to seek legal counsel from a knowledgeable defense attorney who can put the law on your side.
For assistance with your embezzlement charges, contact Foley Griffin online now!
- Looking for legal advice?
- In need of a legal consultation?
- Looking for answers?
Whether you're seeking legal advice, in need of a consultation, or simply looking for answers, Foley Griffin is here to guide you through the legal complexities and provide the clarity and support you require."
"Tom Foley and his staff were excellent throughout the entire process representing me regarding my personal injury/car accident."
- Tom Foley and his staff were excellent throughout the entire process representing me regarding my personal injury/car accident. Their experience, knowledge, and professionalism helped guide me to a successful outcome. Tom Foley and his secretary, Nicole Feuer were outstanding by keeping me informed with updates, insurance information, and helped me with all the necessary paperwork needed for my case. My family and I always felt comfortable with their friendly personalities, their professional approach, with client satisfaction results! Tom Foley and his staff provide high quality and respectful service, and I would highly recommend their firm!- T.T.