Underage DWI Charges in NY
Seasoned Long Island County DWI Attorneys
We know that being accused of DWI can be a nerve-wracking, overwhelming experience. If you are under the age of 21 and have been pulled over on suspicion of drinking and driving, you need to protect your rights during this process. Just because you've been arrested or accused doesn't mean you are automatically guilty! Even if police officers conducted field sobriety or breath / blood tests, a seasoned DWI lawyer can challenge the evidence being used against you. When you call on Foley Griffin, you can be confident knowing your case is in proven, skilled hands.
Let our criminal defense lawyers represent you. We are ready to fight on your behalf! Call (888) 966-8480.
What Are the Penalties for Underage DWI?
New York has harsh laws for underage DWI offenses. The zero tolerance stance means that any motorist who is under the age of 21 and found with a BAC between .02 and .07 can be charged and convicted. In addition, you may also be charged with DWI if your BAC is .08 percent or higher or DWAI if your BAC is above .05 but below .08. Either way, you are facing tough penalties for a conviction of underage DWI in New York, including jail / prison time, license suspension, insurance spikes, a permanent record, probation, thousands of dollars in fines, community service, and more.
Specifically, you could be facing the following as an underage driver:
- BAC between .02 - .07 - 6-month license suspension, $125 civil fine, and $100 suspension termination fee
- Second offense with BAC between .02 - .07 - license revocation for 1 year (or until you turn 21), $125 civil penalty, and $100 license re-application fee
- Underage DWAI - 15-days behind bars, between $300 - $500 in fines, 1-year license revocation
- DWI - Up to one year in jail, between $500 - $1,000 in fines, mandatory alcohol evaluation, and 1-year license revocation
- Refusal to take a chemical test - $500 in civil fines and a 1-year license revocation
We know that this can be a very daunting and intimidating time. That is why we are here to guide you through the process, from the initial arrangement hearing through the final trial if necessary. Our goal is to craft a strong and strategic defense using all the evidence, expert witness, and information available to us. We don't rest until we build the best possible defense for our clients! As an underage individual, you have your whole life ahead of you. Don't throw it away on drunk driving charges.
Schedule a free confidential consultation by calling (888) 966-8480 today. Our DWI attorneys help clients in Suffolk and Nassau Counties, and anywhere in the five boroughs.
Winning For Our ClientsNot Just Promises, But Real Results
We have a proven track record to back up our claims of success. Because we take every case extremely seriously, we prepare each one as if it's going to trial. We also employ whatever resources are necessary to produce the best possible outcomes for our clients. It's one thing to say you can achieve great results, but another thing to show that you have delivered them time and time again over many years.
- Case Won Nassau DWI “Wall Of Shame” Case — B V. Suozzi
- Change in Policy Nassau County Grand Jury Case — People V.W
- Dismissal NYC Vehicular Manslaughter Case
- No Jail Sentence New York Mail And Wire Fraud Case — US V. N
- Dismissal New York Felony Case
- Dismissal NY Mortgage And Bank Fraud Case — US V. F
- Not Guilty New York City DWI Case — People V. B
“Brian Griffin is a master in the courtroom! He got both of my charges dismissed.”- C.S.
What We Bring to The TableChoosing the Right Firm Matters
75 Years of Shared Legal Experience
When it comes to serious legal matters, there is no substitute for experience and a successful track record.
Millions Recovered For Our Clients
At Foley Griffin, we don't just advertise results, we've built a career on delivering them for our clients.
Highly Effective Trial Lawyers
As former prosecutors our lawyers understand the other side of the law and know how to win in the courtroom.
Tailored Approach to Each Case
We're dedicated to our clients! Sometimes this means we take on less cases so that we can commit the necessary time and energy to achieve success.