Internet Crimes in New York
Serving Clients Throughout Long Island and the Five Boroughs. Call (888) 966-8480 Today!
Over the past decade, technology—especially the internet—has become a staple has become an instrumental part of our society. However, investigations and prosecution of high-tech criminal offenses have been on the rise as well. These crimes can be prosecuted both federally and by the state, and are punishable by severe penalties.
Our Long Island criminal defense attorneys at Foley Griffin have aggressively defended our clients who are facing serious criminal charges, including white collar crimes. With more than 75 years of combined experience, we understand what it takes to protect your rights and future.
Types of Internet & Cyber Crimes
Cybercrimes, in general, are defined as any criminal offense facilitated by using the internet, email, websites, message boards, and chatrooms to conduct criminal or fraudulent transactions, present illegal or fraudulent solicitations to prospective victims, transfer the proceeds of illegal activity to others, participate in illegal sexual activity, or other actions. Sentences for high-level computer crimes include lengthy prison sentences, expensive fines, restrictions on computer usage, and registration as a sex offender (for any sex-related internet crimes).
The following are the types of internet crimes our law firm handles:
- Blackmail or extortion
- Credit card fraud
- Identity theft
- Electronic harassment or stalking
- Child pornography
- Drug trafficking
- Criminal copyright infringement
Since most internet crimes are considered felonies, it is critical to consult with an experienced attorney when you have been charged with any of the offenses mentioned above.
Call (888) 966-8480 for a Free Consultation Today
Our Nassau County criminal defense lawyers understand the unique challenges associated with internet crimes and have the proven knowledge and skill to handle your case. We can investigate your arrest, examine all the evidence, and develop an effective defense strategy to get the best results possible.
Contact us and discuss your legal options immediately.
- Looking for legal advice?
- In need of a legal consultation?
- Looking for answers?
Whether you're seeking legal advice, in need of a consultation, or simply looking for answers, Foley Griffin is here to guide you through the legal complexities and provide the clarity and support you require."
"Tom Foley and his staff were excellent throughout the entire process representing me regarding my personal injury/car accident."
- Tom Foley and his staff were excellent throughout the entire process representing me regarding my personal injury/car accident. Their experience, knowledge, and professionalism helped guide me to a successful outcome. Tom Foley and his secretary, Nicole Feuer were outstanding by keeping me informed with updates, insurance information, and helped me with all the necessary paperwork needed for my case. My family and I always felt comfortable with their friendly personalities, their professional approach, with client satisfaction results! Tom Foley and his staff provide high quality and respectful service, and I would highly recommend their firm!- T.T.