Nassau County Reckless Driving Defense Lawyers
Let Our New York Criminal Defense Attorney Protect Your Rights
Whether it is running a red light or driving with a broken taillight, traffic violations can come in a variety of forms in New York. While such offenses typically are punishable by only fines, other crimes – such as reckless driving – lead to more severe penalties, including jail or prison time.
If you have been arrested and charged with reckless driving in New York, our Nassau County criminal defense attorneys are prepared to fight for you. We can investigate your arrest, determine if law enforcement followed lawful protocol, and gather evidence necessary to build an aggressive and customized defense strategy just for you.
Reckless Driving Penalties
If a person commits and is arrested for any one of these reckless driving acts, it is considered a misdemeanor offense that is punishable by a jail sentence of up to 30 days for a first-time offense, 90 days for a second offense, and 180 days for a third offense. In addition, it also results in hundreds or thousands of dollars in fines and five points to your driver’s license.
According to New York law, an individual can be charged with reckless driving if:
- He or she operates a motor vehicle and who recklessly drives at such an unreasonably high rate or low rate of speed to endanger safety or block proper traffic flow
- He or she passes another vehicle from the rear while on slope or a curve where vision is obstructed for a distance of fewer than 500 feet
- He or she drives in and out of a line of traffic
- He or she speeds up or refuses to give one-half of the roadway to a driver overtaking and desiring to pass
75+ Years of Combined Experience on Your Side
At Foley Griffin, we are passionate about defending your rights and will treat you with the dignity and respect you deserve. With more than 75 years of combined legal experience, our Nassau County criminal defense lawyers understand what it takes to obtain the most favorable outcome.
Contact us and request a free case evaluation today.
We have a proven track record to back up our claims of success. Because we take every case extremely seriously, we prepare each one as if it's going to trial. We also employ whatever resources are necessary to produce the best possible outcomes for our clients. It's one thing to say you can achieve great results, but another thing to show that you have delivered them time and time again over many years.
- Case Won Nassau DWI “Wall Of Shame” Case — B V. Suozzi
- Change in Policy Nassau County Grand Jury Case — People V.W
- Dismissal NYC Vehicular Manslaughter Case
- No Jail Sentence New York Mail And Wire Fraud Case — US V. N
- Dismissal New York Felony Case
- Dismissal NY Mortgage And Bank Fraud Case — US V. F
- Not Guilty New York City DWI Case — People V. B
What is Illegal and Legal on the Internet?
Is it Illegal to Share Prescription Drugs?
When Can a Child Be Charged as an Adult?
Does New York Have a Zero Tolerance Law?
Is It Illegal to Use Dead People’s Identity?
What Is Blackout Wednesday?
When Should I Call My Lawyer?
Are Blood Tests More Accurate Than Breathalyzers?
How Do Breathalyzers Work?
75 Years of Shared Legal Experience
When it comes to serious legal matters, there is no substitute for experience and a successful track record.
Millions Recovered For Our Clients
At Foley Griffin, we don't just advertise results, we've built a career on delivering them for our clients.
Highly Effective Trial Lawyers
As former prosecutors our lawyers understand the other side of the law and know how to win in the courtroom.
Tailored Approach to Each Case
We're dedicated to our clients! Sometimes this means we take on less cases so that we can commit the necessary time and energy to achieve success.